[filmscanners] Re: 'Cheap' film scanner recommendations

I am the one who sent Simon here from a Yahoo group. I knew he'd get
better answers here!

A while back, we discussed the Plustek Opticfilm 7200 scanner, which
sells new for as little as $US189. It was high-resolution but I recall
the downside was that it had a small dynamic or density range
(whichever) and probably wouldn't pull detail from shadows.

But it is USB2 and has a 4-slide carrier.

Does anyone have any experience with this puppy since it was discussed her?

If his interest is archiving, and the highest quality scans are not
needed, wouldn't this work?

Stan Schwartz