[filmscanners] Re: CS 5000 ED vs. Minolta ???

I am addressing your comments, directly...

My point being that if you took the time to remount your slides for
scanning you'd get much better results from either scanner.

No scanner is going to do it's best with curved film.

What are you trying to achieve, the best scan with the equipment you own
or the easiest scan.  You can't have both.

If you slide shooters recall, Kodak brought out special curved field
lenses to handle projecting slides in cardboard mounts.  Scanners don't
use them.

Part of quality scanning is preparing the artwork.  You've discovered a
weakness in these two scanners.  A very simple procedure (remounting the
slides you want the best scans of) will cure the problem.

Heaven forbid someone mention to you the quality improvement that can be
gained from oil mounting your slides for scanning (not on these two
scanners, though).

Mr. Bill