[filmscanners] Re:

Ummm.  It's not intended to contradicts anything you've said.  I did not
intend to make a list of all the available scanners and never said that
I knew of one.  All I did was point out one scanner that might fit the
bill -- that is depending on how one thinks a "good job" is.  The Epson
4990 would seem to be adequate for many uses.  This information might
help the poster of the original message.  He may not have got a list,
but at least he got information on one scanner that might meet his
needs.   If any one knows of other scanners that might fit the bill,
please post the information.  We can probably create our own list right
here on the forum -- or it the 4990 the only one?