[filmscanners] RE:

> I guess it all depends on how you define "a good job of scanning".
> Doesn't the Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner scan
> transparencies up to 8"x10"?

I fail to see how this contradicts anything that I have said or refutes
anything I suggested.
I think I acknowledged that there were flatbed scanners that would do a
satisfactory job and that there may even be some dedicated mailing lists for
them. I went on to say that if an itemized listing of the scanners on the
market capable of handling 5x7 and larger films and doing a good job in
scanning them existed, I did not know of it.  I still make that claim.  One
person's putting forth one name does not make a list of those scanners.  I
believe that the original message asked for a list of scanners and not
suggestions as to specific individual scanners (although I did find it
ambiguous if they were asking for an itemized listing of scanners or mailing
lists that focused on scanners used to scan that size film).