[filmscanners] RE: Modern photography...

Hi,

> I find ink jet prints look a bit odd in the dark areas as there is more
> ink plopped on the page.

Have you seen a quad-tone/Piezography print, as opposed to a black-only
inkjet print?

> I haven't seen any BW quads.

Then, I suggest you do ;-)

> I'd like to understand why you use Tri-X rather than more modern film
> like TMX.

TMX is a "chunky" film IMO (as are all the "tab grain" films to me).  Tri-X
has a very nice tonal curve, and exceptional grain characteristics when
exposed and developed (D-76 1:1) properly.  It's a look I prefer.  Neopan
1600 in XTOL actually has a look like Tri-X IMO.

> I'm not being critical here, rather I'd like to understand the
> reasoning behind your choice.

No problem.

Regards,

Austin