[filmscanners] Re: Oops?

Not sure how it works on a Nikon, but on my Sprintscan 120 Vuescan
compensated for the orange mask on color neg by altering exposure
times, rather than just twiddling bits, so scanning B&W as raw color
neg gave me three differently exposed channels to combine as needed.
Almost enough to save pushed TMY. Finally got tired of the Sprintscan's
other defects and bought a nice used drum for not much more money.
Handles dense highlights effortlessly.