[filmscanners] Re: Archiving???!!!

Hello Brad,

I haven't been archiving on this media personally (I still have
everything on a huge internal HDD), but do have some idea from forums
etc. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/hd-back.shtml points
out that putting lables or writing on CD can cause the data to be
lost. There are some other interesting points in the article as well.

I also remember reading another thread where some claimed that
"re-writable" DVDs were more reliable than plain "once-writable"
media. I am not sure if that is true for CD's as well.

Most big banks use "tapes" as backup medium. I am not sure if that is
because they are more reliable, or just cheaper.

-Navjot