[filmscanners] Re: Scanning Overexposed Slides

From: "Bill Fernandez" <bill_sub@billfernandez.com>
My Nikon LS4000 has analog gain controls accessible through the Nikon
scanner driver.  I can sometimes turn down the anaalog gain to get
more detail in light areas.  Does your software and scanner have such
a feature?

I use gain changes now and then to push the endpoints in a bit, and to force
some detail out of the shadows, etc.  But in almost all cases, this scanner is
already so good at covering the range of what's in the slide that I rarely find
any "new" data in those highlights or shadows. It does make for better
histograms, though.  :-)

Ed Verkaik