[filmscanners] Re: Blue gray random pattern???

Tony,

You've given me the other answer that I had come up with (and the one I was
hoping was wrong).  First, he is now running USB2 from an add on board in  a
PCI slot, so it seems unlikely that the problem is the hardware interface -
although, as you say, there are some situations where the voltage is just
not enough.

I intentionally left out one datum that supports a mobo problem.  His sound
system is not working correctly, it isn't stereo, he only has one channel,
somehow the other channel has quit, the sound is built into the  mobo.  I've
had sound systems go without affecting anything else, but given the things
he has done to try to fix the scanner problem, I am very suspicious of the
board. Even more so now that you have made your comments. I was hoping that
there was a known software glitch that would account for it - it is usually
cheaper to fix than replacing the motherboard.  Of course  blown capacitor
could add a nice voltage, and a high frequency voltage would account for
what is showing up.

I will prolly try running it on my P4, but I will be very surprised if I see
any problems there.  The only problem with that as a test is that I am
running windows 2000 -  it really doesn't handle USB as well as XP does.

Thanks for taking the time - I have no experience with XP, it is good to
know that there aren't any bugs hanging around like that.  As for USB, it
works well on my G4 Dual MAC, I've never tried to use it on the P4. There I
have a SCSI card and that seems to work well with my scanners.  While I do
scan with the P4, it is really dedicated to running Neural Network models
nearly constantly, I don't even know if my audio works on it.

Brad