[filmscanners] Coolscan 5000 ED - stopping during batch scanning?

Hi All

Just started using a new 5000ED and have been impressed with the results
(after about 30,000 scans and many years from a trusty LS-2000).

Everything is going fine, but every now and then during a batch scan the
scanner will stop (say on the 10th scan) and come up with an error saying
that the scanner is off - check power cord etc.  It then hangs and I have to
stop the software and restart the scanner.

It's like the scanner just goes to sleep after a period of time?

Any ideas?

Rob

Nature's Pic Images
New Zealand Nature and Scenic Photography with comprehensive stock library

Email: robsuisted@naturespic.com

Have you checked out Nature's Pic on the web yet?....See why we're one of
NZ's favourite...... >and it just got better<

Website: www.naturespic.com