[filmscanners] Contrast Adjustment

Hi,

I have tried posting this several times with no success and I think the
hyperlink
in the text is stopping it getting through for some reason!  I am posting it
again
but I have broken the hyperlink across separate lines just to try to get it
through.  Hopefully, it still makes sense.

I have come across some interesting free Photoshop plugins developed by
Tom Fiddaman:

www DOT
sd3 DOT
info SLASH
pf828  SLASH
index DOT
html

Although some are designed specifically  to address digicam related issues,
the Luminosity filter works with any image.

It looks very good as an alternative to contrast masking techniques, especially
as it doesn't seem to compromise fine detail.  However, it only seems to work
on 8 bit images and I was hoping I could use it on 16 bit images, to maintain
as much of the shadow detail as possible.  (I am using Photoshop 6.)

It may well be a limitation of the code.  Has anyone else used it?

Al Bond