[filmscanners] Re: Epson scanner drivers will not stay installed

Jim,
I'd try posting your question on the on the Windows support groups
Microsoft sponsors.  The problem with the shutdown sequence suggests
that something needs fixing with the OS and that in turn should help
with the scanner driver situation.  FWIW, I've not had problems with
Epson scanner drivers and Win XP (printer drivers were another matter,
although the latest version have not been problematic at all, even after
the dreaded SP2 update).
Bernie