[filmscanners] Re: Epson scanner drivers will not stay installed

Laurie,

I almost always have only one scanner turned on.  I have each USB device
in its own port - Epson scanner, Epson printer, trackball, and
multi-card reader (that takes up two ports).  I have tried switching
ports (a suggestion made by Epson).  What's strange is that the only
device drivers that go away are the Epson scanner drivers.

Even stranger is that occasionally I have to install/uninstall the
scanner drivers several times before the scanner is recognized.  Another
anomaly is that the computer will often not power down after I use the
Epson Scanner.  The shutdown sequence seems to go normally but it will
not power down - screen goes dark, hard drives spool down, but the fans
and power light stay on.

Jim