[filmscanners] Re: List future

Brad Davis wrote:

> As to what kind of list I would like in addition - I feel that I am most
> behind the curve on various programs for image processing.  I use
> Photoshop
> CS, and while I find it very useful, I keep coming across comments that
> this
> or that software does some things (even many things) better or easier
> or...?

As Laurie said, Yahoogroups (spit!) are the place to go.

I think I'd possibly nominate something as numinous as 'workflow', since
it's an enormously under-debated area. We all seem to evolve our own by
trial and error, at least I have. I have been through many different
iterations of just how to arrange directories on HD and name and
archive files, and each time I've changed it has involved tons of work.

Then there's the cataloguing software, total nightmare if you get it wrong
- I've tried maybe 20 different progs, before arriving at iMatch which for
me is streets ahead of anything else and presents no significant
limitations (except the learning curve:).

But perhaps requirements are so disparate and individual that there's
little possibility of productive discussion, everybody just has to figure
out their own tailor-made best method.

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk