[filmscanners] Re: List future

Tony,

Thanks for your response.  The past day or so has been an education for me.
Initially, my concern was fueled by the fact that I needed some information
(cleaning my Polaroid SS4000) and the concern that it might not have been
available if I waited a little longer- that the list might have gone away.

You've taken care of that concern.

In part, because I much enjoyed reading the list when there was more
activity, I asked if there was a way to get it moving again.  I am convinced
that my suggestion was the wrong direction, that leaving it as it is will
suit all of us just fine.

As to what kind of list I would like in addition - I feel that I am most
behind the curve on various programs for image processing.  I use Photoshop
CS, and while I find it very useful, I keep coming across comments that this
or that software does some things (even many things) better or easier or...?
There is no way that I am going to be able to try even several of the better
programs out there, any more than I am likely to try several different
scanners.  If anyone know of a list that addresses this topic - not an Adobe
list, but one that is outside the vendors, that gets comments that are fully
independent, I would like to go join such.  If it doesn't exist as I have
defined it, then it would be my candidate for a new list.

Thanks again for this list, Tony, and for your clear headed thoughts on the
topic of the future of this list.

--
Brad

" Oh nooo! I never meant to be quoted for something so stupid. I feel like
the president now."  Carolina Robinson