[filmscanners] RE: Pacific Image PowerSlide 3600 opinions?

HI, Chris!

Another option for you would be to get a used Minolta Scan Multi (I or II)
This was their high-end medium format capable scanner, able to scan 35mm at
2880dpi, and has particularly good color rendition, in my opinion.  I
mention this because there is/was an accessory slide feeder attachement that
I"ve seen from time to time on eBay, and is probably available from other
sources as well.   I've meant to get one for my Scan Multi II, but haven't
seen one when I've had the money, or had the money when I've seen one.  It
(the loader) shouldn't be much over $300, and probably much less, if I
recall correctly.  The Scan Multi I think is a very good general purpose
filmscanner, a few years out of date, but still capable of very good images.
I use it with Vuescan, which will make available to the scan multi I the
couple of features "introduced" via software with the Scan Multi II.  I've
seen the scanners for on the order of $500 as well.

This is probably more than you want to spend, but >I think< it may be worth
it, especially compared with the Pacific Image scanners. (from what I've
read, anyway)

Hope this helps!

Guy