[filmscanners] Re: Kodachrome 25 versus?

From: "David Lewiston" <david.lewiston@verizon.net>

> Does Agfa still make RSX (ISO 50)?

I'll have to look into this. Is it virtually grainless, like K25?
<<<<<<<<<<<

I've never used it: it appears in a 2-year old brochure that happens to be
sitting on my desk.

Again, there's a Zeiss article* in which they kvetch about the demize of the
ISO 25 films, so I think you are really are stuck. Downsizing your lens
collection and upsizing the film size is how I'd handle it, but that's easy
for me to say, since I started out in MF and never understood why people
used 35mm.

*:
http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A8003B58B9/allBySubject/48D8F331DF48EE72C1256CEF002B0240

> *: http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/ppg/datasheet/163AR094B.pdf
> I see what may be going on: Astia 100F is ISO 32 under tungsten using a
> wratten 80A filter.

Most frustrating. This pdf is Japanese only.
<<<<<<<<

That's not a problem here: it popped up when I Googled for Astia and ISO 32.
It's just the datasheet for Astia 100F: I'd guess there are English versions
on the net if you looked around.

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@gol.com
Tokyo, Japan