[filmscanners] Grain In scanned 35mm film

How effective are products like Grain Surgery, Neat Image and Noise Ninja at
removing what appears to be film grain after sharpening images scanned at
4000 ppi.  My 35mm film is scanned on a Polaroid SS4000 Plus and taken on
Velvia and Provia...so the film is fine grained.  But I still find the grain
I see after scanning and processing as objectionable when I am making large
inkjet prints to 13x19 inches.  The grain does not appear to be problematic
at 8x10 type sizes.

Howard