De: Lloyd O'Daniel
Para: talko@netizen.com.ar
Enviado: Sábado, 10 de Enero de 2004 08:24 p.m.
Asunto: [filmscanners] JPEG2000 as archive format

Having just recently upgraded to Photoshop CS, I've been playing around
with the JPEG2000 plugin. I'm considering using that format to save
16-bit film scans from a Sprintscan 4000 Plus using the "lossless"
setting. This would help reduce the 115 Mb file size of those scans.
(I'm using NEF for my Nikon camera files.)

One problem I have is that I am now using Imatch as an Image management
program. Imatch will catalog JPEG2000 only if I select the "JP2
Compatibility" option in the Pshop plugin. Adobe states generally that
this causes color restrictions. And, I have to select the "restricted
ICC profile" option in these images. I can't find a detailed explanation
of exactly what limitations on color and color management this
"restricted" profile or the use of JP2 compatibility causes as opposed
to the extended JPF format. Does anyone have any thoughts On the
suitability of lossless JPEG 2000 with and without JP2 compatibility as
a scanner archive format?

Thanks,
Lloyd