[filmscanners] Canon's FARE

Does this technology employ an IR channel? I notice that they say it doesn't
work on B&W and Kodachrome, which would imply it's IR. But I also notice
that they put it in their top-of-the-line flatbeds--or is FARE 2.0 in the
flatbeds different from the FARE used in the FS4000 film scanner?

I'd also appreciate any feedback on the FS4000, or on the CanoScan 9900F
flatbed when used for film or slides. As I said in another thread, I'm
looking to replace my busted LS-2000, and would like to find something with
better DOF, since I have loads of badly warped slides.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco