[filmscanners] RE: SS 4000 Questions

The SS4000 I have received did not have such a feature. There is a firmware
update though that supposedly fixes this problem.

>Second, are these
>things somewhat noisy? Specifically, during scans it sounds as though the
>Twin Dwarves of Enfan Island were calling up Mothra. "Ooh-ee,
ah-woo..." Do
>they all do this?

Yes, this seems to be normal. At least I haven't heard from anybody who's
SS4000 doesn't make these noises.

>Thirdly, it seems to require a bit of force to get the carrier to
>slide in and engage.

My slide carrier does need a little force but not much. It seems more a
matter of getting it in the right angle. In contrast my negative carrier was
very hard to put into the scanner and needed quite a lot of force. I have
requested a new negative carrier and this one now works as well as my slide
carrier.

>Lastly, is there a way to shut the "front door" to keep out dust?

VERY unfortunately there is no such door on the scanner.

Rob