[filmscanners] Re: SS 4000 Questions

I have a SS-4000+ which is based upon the same product.

The lamp goes off on my unit after a time period, it may be 10 minutes
of so.  I can't recall if there is some software preference setting for
that or not.

During scanning my unit makes some similar sounding noises.  Relative to
my Minolta Dual II, the Polaroid is quiet, but yes, it does make some
odd sounds.

Yes, the carrier requires a bit of a push to engage, but I wouldn't
consider it excessive.  I do not know of any suggested user lubrication
to be done.

No, neither the front door nor the rear slot can be closed down when not
in use.  I use a dust cover on the unit when it is not in use.

Art