[filmscanners] Re: VueScan file size

Since no one else has answered this yet, I'm going to go out on a limb,
(I don't use Vuescan, and storage is not my strong point)  and assume it
has to do with how your hard drive was formatted, and which definition
of MB is being used, although it does seem like quite a difference.

As hard drives have grown in size, the minimum "segment" has grown as
well, although I don't know what it is at this point. However, I also
have read that there are at least two ways of defining a megabyte.  One
is the straight 1 million bytes and the other is using standard binary
numbering, which is a larger amount (is it 1 million 28 thousand?, I can
recall...)

Also, perhaps other information beyond the file is saved, like other
channel info (IR channel??) or a thumbnail or other color space data??

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge in these areas can comment.

Art