[filmscanners] was: Pixels and Prints NOW: proposed art show

Here's an idea.  I think all of us could agree to one thing, and that is:
what finally matters is how good the print looks.  (Okay, some folks only
care about web published images, so you guys can get lost--no offense.)
There needs to be an art show where what we are judging is the actual
prints.  Some will use digital cameras, some film scanners.  We get a chance
to really judge the final result, the result beyond all theory, the result
that we can see on paper with our own eyes!

Maybe we could enlist Camera Arts in this competitive show, since they
publish art photography and also have been publishing a series of digital
articles.  The title of the show is "Digital Camera Prints vs Film Scan
Prints".  There should probably be some classes involved, such as scanned
medium format in a separate class, since many of us are only scanning 35mm.

What does everyone think?  We can theorize about this forever, apparently.
There have been maybe a hundred posts debating this issue of how digital
pixels compare to scanned pixels, how printer upscaling effects it, etc.
Why not have an opportunity to demonstrate--on paper--the best of each
technology, and let the judges make a call?

Berry