From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of
Roger Smith
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 8:32 AM
To: bkubs@comcast.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Epson 2450 transparency unit

        My Epson 2450 has has given good service scanning
medium-format negatives and transparencies for almost two
years.
Recently I noticed that the 4x9 inch light source in the lid
no
longer gives even illumination - there are a couple of
darker areas
across the field. Does anyone know if this is a normal
effect of the
aging of the TPU lamp(s), and if so, can the lamps be
replaced easily?

Regards,
Roger Smith