[filmscanners] Free (or almost) Polaroid 35LE

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Free (or almost) Polaroid 35LE
  • From: "Jerry Hadam" <jerry@photosdonotbend.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:43:33 -0600

hello to all you filmscanner folk. I have a Polaroid Sprintscan 35LE to give
away for free. Yes that's right folks step right up and get your free
scanner.

It was actually given to me by a magazine that was folding it's doors in
lieu of payment for a $200 invoice. I was able to make a few scans with it,
but I am on an iMac and the SCSI to USB conversion was very unstable and
crashed the machine a lot, and it could never find it on the bus.

Anyway I have an Epson 2450 that is working for all I need.

I know this is an older scanner. I think it scans at around 1700 to 2000
dpi. I did get some good scans from it using the Polacolor Insight software
(free download) from polaroid.

If someone will pay shipping on this scanner they can see if they can make
it work on their system. It it does work and it has some value then you can
determine what you want to pay if anything based on the honor system. I know
this is not for most the posters to this group. But maybe you know someone
who wants to get started.

Please reply directly if you are interested or know someone who is as I get
the digest and sometimes miss things.

Jerry