[filmscanners] RE: Vuescan vs Insight: what is better about Vuescan? (was 24 bit vs more)

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Vuescan vs Insight: what is better about Vuescan? (was 24 bit vs more)
  • From: "" <snsok@cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:28:58 -0500

I am scanning slides almost exclusively. I got VueScan as a benefit of being
a VuePrint purchaser years ago. I got free upgrades for a long time, but
they ended that with a version just above my 7.5.41. I would have to buy the
program again now and although it's not very expensive, I just haven't found
the results to be superior.

Perhaps it's the "engineer and not the engine."

Stan

Are you scanning negatives or slides? Last I checked the slide results
were fairly comparable but the negatives were a lot easier to scan with
VueScan. Also, I found Insight to be fairly simplistic so I'm using
VueScan. Regarding the speed: I think it depends a lot on the focusing
option (off/preview/scan) you're using.

>To be fair, I still am using version 7.5.41.  Does the latest 7.6.XX offer
>significantly more features or functionality? I got the last "free" upgrade
>before Ed started charging again.

If 7.5.x didn't convince you, I doubt 7.6 will :) Why can't you get the
7.6.x version?

Regards,
Petru.