[filmscanners] Vuescan vs Insight: what is better about Vuescan ? (was 24 bit vs more)

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Vuescan vs Insight: what is better about Vuescan ? (was 24 bit vs more)
  • From: "" <snsok@cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:24:20 -0500

For the SS4000: I have tried many times to use the Vuescan software rather
than Insight but I keep returning to Insight. First, I find Insight
significantly faster than Vuescan. Second, I find the controls in Insight to
be just easier to use.

I still have Vuescan on my computer and am interested in continuing to learn
it. I am interested, though, to understand exactly what Vuescan does better
in the hands of others. I can't see that it focuses any better. I don't get
more accurate color rendition. I can't see that it handles shadow areas any
better.

Or I could ask the question this way: are there any specific image types or
image characteristics that Vuescan handles better?

To be fair, I still am using version 7.5.41.  Does the latest 7.6.XX offer
significantly more features or functionality? I got the last "free" upgrade
before Ed started charging again.

Stan Schwartz