[filmscanners] Re: Colour management on Negatives

I think the film manufacturers provide what Kodak at least calls
"film terms", information some scanners can use to get the colors
right, or at least closer, for those films. This is, I assume, what's
behind Lasersoft's Silverfast, for example, letting you choose the
film before the scan. It hasn't always done that, and it seemed to me
to make an appreciable difference when that feature was added (in the
5 or 5.5 upgrade?). But, reading between Eddie's lines, I guess
Silverfast is not bundled with the Minolta 5400?

Sam