[filmscanners] Re: OT - Interesting story on privacy...or lackthereof!

> Anyway -- I did not mean to turn this into long debate with no useful
> outcome, so I will stop whining about the whining.

And we will stop whining about the whining about the whining. Can we
now get to the dining?

Ellis Vener

"On July 3, 2003 George W. Bush, the most powerful man in the world,
directly addressed Iraqis who are sniping and firing grenades at
American troops:  "bring them on", he taunted, according tonews
reports...this seems like a bad idea.  What better way to make a guy
with an AK-47 feel important than by challenging him through a
televised speech?
And surely American boys will die as a result of this speech.  It
sounds like W. is going  mano a mano with a young Muslim.  But
having been a passenger on an airplane that makes a carrier landing
does not make our President into a front-line soldier.  It will be some
kid from North Carolina that gets killed.
It wouldn't bother me to hear that an American foot soldier in Iraq was
challenging the local ruffians.  But to hear a guy sitting at a desk
6000 miles away doing it?  Why aren't military families objecting to
this? "
-Philip Greenspun, July 3, 2003