[filmscanners] RE: Noise in Polaroid SS 4000 scans

Take the NPS to a professional lab the next time and I think
you'll notice the difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of
Harry@vdKrogt.nl
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 8:07 PM
To: bkubiak@attbi.com
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Noise in Polaroid SS 4000 scans

OK, I scanned some negatives Fuji Super G 100 I had. The
scans were more
clear, no comparison with the Fuji NPS, I think. So it must
be the
combination of the Film and development by the lab or the
way the
scanner reacts to the grain in the film, or both. In both
cases I must
look for another 160 ASA film (and I will have other NPS 160
developped
by other labs, and see if that makes a difference).

Thanks for the answers,

Harry