[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan and Digicams

All that much talkign about Vuescan, so I decided to give it a shoot
again (tried it about a year a half ago with my IV ED - didn't wrok
well, neither liked the interface so went back to NikonScan).
I'm getting constant overexposure (about 1-2 stops estimated).
Vuescan instructions say something about the exposure calibration per
film diffeernt for negs and slides (though usage of exp. lock),
couldn';t figure out what exactly they meant, trying to proceed with it
gave just horrible things.
Can somebody to lthrow some light how to use Vuescan nevertheless ?
I suspect the color balance for negs may be somewhat better then of
NikonScan though the one by NikonScan isn't bad at all except of
frequent reddish tint (easily to deal with in PS though).

Regards, Alex