[filmscanners] Re: my XP laptop is driving me crazy

The "Windows Update" tool does install patches for Internet Explorer (IE)
and depending on when you 'installed' each patch, there could have been 10
or more of them.  You can manually force an update by going to "Help and
Support" in your "Start" menu and under the "Pick a Task" list, select
"Windows Update".

This will connect you to the net and pull up a screen that has a "Scan for
Updates" button.  Click on that, and it will identify any updates you may
have missed.

The error message in

Is typicall of a corrupted 'Dynamic Link Library' (DLL) module.  After
running Windows Update and scanning for Viruses, I would reinstall
Photoshop, since the error basically says that two internal parts of
Photoshop were unable to communicate with each other.