[filmscanners] scanning for web or preview

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] scanning for web or preview
  • From: "Ed Verkaik" <verkaik@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:23:57 -0500

Everyone was so busy with the 16 vs 8 thread, that my second question
got swamped!

Can someone tell me what you do for this situation? Let's say you're in
a pinch to get a submission of jpegs for review to someone. You have no
masters scanned already. You only need 72dpi, 4x6" for that purpose. Do
you scan at that size, or go larger and downsize?  Are there any quality
issues that matter either way, if just for review?  (I don't have time
to do full masters for this, but still want the images to look decent.)
Thanks.

Ed Verkaik