From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Frank Paris
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 12:45 AM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: keeping the 16bit scans

Personally, I wouldn't touch either one of those brands. I stick with
IBM and Seagate, although had I not skipped a generation and got one of
the 75 gig IBM's I would probably be cursing IBM. Sometimes a vendor has
a bad model. Personally, I like the Seagates because they're so
unbelievably quiet. I'm talking about 7200 rpm and lower, not the
noisier 10K and 15K speed demons. I believe they're only SCSI anyhow,
way beyond my means. I really don't get the point of SCSI disks anymore,
except in servers. I have them at work in my workstation but I really
can't say they make a difference to a C++ compiler, which is the
software I mostly use. We're talking compute-bound when dealing with
compilers, and probably with PS, too.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net