[filmscanners] RE: keeping the 16bit scans

What I do is correct in 16 bits, getting as close as time (which is
limited) permits, then archive as 8 bit, unsharpened tiffs. I couldn't
possibly keep them all on my hard disk, even though I have two 120 Gbyte
disks (mirrored). So I archive them to CDs. My experience is, once
you've gotten close to an ideal correction in 16 bits, touching up in 8
bits works fine.

(I see about 20 emails in front of this one, probably giving you their
answers. Be curious to see what they all say.)

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net