[filmscanners] RE: Repeated "Tonal correction", is it god?

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Repeated "Tonal correction", is it god?
  • From: "Nagaraj, Ramesh" <Ramesh.Nagaraj@ca.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:20:33 -0500

Soloman wrote:...

>As I said that is my opinion and reasoning; others may think and reason
>differently or even have experiences to the contrary.  I would be happy to
>hear what they have to say and to be enlightened myself on the answers to
>your questions.

Thanks for you/whole group, for thought provoking responses.
I have do not have any professional experience in Digital Imaging/DSPs,
Photography/Printing;
so can not dispute anything. It's prudent to stick to "best-practices".
I will aggree that PS is better tool than scanner s/w. As Art said, its good to
use highbit data for editing.
I think I will stick to single and post-scan "tonal correction" method.
I am yet to see whether there is any apparent difference b/w 8/16 bit scans; If
they are same I will stick to 8bit and archive it.
And I will do "tonal correction" in PS as and when needed.

Thanks again, go to learn few things..
Ramesh
.