From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Nagaraj, Ramesh
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:59 PM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Repeated "Tonal correction", is it god?

shAf writes ...

> No ... the reason is why you scanned into 16bits.

>  Again no ... assuming 16bits again.  If 8bit channels, then yes, you'd
>want to get all tonal adjustments correct (as possible) with the scan
>software.  However, I doubt anyone will notice a minor post-scan adj't with
>PS.

I am not able to clearly understand how that is related  to bits/channel.
Could you please explain this?

Are you implying the following..
Because there is no extra to data to play with in case of 8bit/channel, its
good to do pre-scanning correction.
In case of 16bit/channel, there will be more data, so we can afford to waste
data during post-scan correction; thus no need to do pre-scan adjustments.

Thanks
Ramesh