[filmscanners] Re: IT8 calibration queries

I wrote ...

> > (c) Most IT8 targets are for Ektachrome but I notice that
> > Coloraid also do Fuji targets.  How much practical difference
> > does it make getting the closest target to the film stock you
> > shoot?  (I normally use Fuji Sensia.)

shAf replied ...

>   Any accurate IT8 (and its reference file), should do only 2 things (1)
> calibarate your scanner's interpretation of color, and (2) provide a
> realistic measure of its gamut.  It can be argued neither of these are film
> dependent, and are only scanner dependent.

That makes sense.  In that case, the only potential benefit that I can see from
different targets would be if one had a wider or different gamut than the
other.  Anyone know whether the Kodak or Fuji targets have significantly
different gamuts?

Ta,

Al Bond

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £14.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890