[filmscanners] RE: Epson3200 - Test results

Andre,

I'll try to find the time for a 35mm scan, but I can't see a reason why it
should give different results than you can see here (how can you tell that
these small crops are from a 6x7 rather than a 35mm? ;-). I mean that the
advantage of using the Kami fluid vs. not would be the same, probably more
visible as with 35mm you're likely to enlarge the negative more when you
print.
The only variable is the film holder, but I expect it to be at least as good
as the one for MF, given that the only issue is how flat it keeps the film,
and it's likely to be a problem more with 6x7 than with 35mm.
If what you're after is a comparison between film scanners and the Epson for
35mm, I think you can find a couple places on the web. One is here:

http://www.photo-i.co.uk

(you'll find reviews for both the Epson3200 and the new Canon, with similar
specs).
I also saw a Canon4000 vs. Epson2450 on photo.net, but don't have the link
(the Canon was clearly superior), and somewhere else a Epson3200 vs. 2450
(they were very close).

Hope this helps,
Alessandro