From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
To: <bob@frost.name>
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 3:01 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: scanning with a digicam

> Has anyone tried 'scanning' a slide with a digicam using a slide
> duplicator
> attachment? Is it possible?

Hi Bob,

Yes and Yes.  It is VERY dependant on the digicam.  I have a Leaf Lumina,
which is a scanning digicam, and it has a slide adapter.  It gives me an 18M
full color image, and it's really very very good.  I also have a Leica
Digilux with a slide adapter, and it isn't very good, and at best, is OK for
web use.