[filmscanners] Diffusers on MultiPro

 Hallo Arthur,

 Sweden calling and Bo Wrangborg.

 I have been folloing you here and there regarding the light in Scan Dual II
and III
perhaps also in other Minolta scanners with the grainaliasing, bad rendered
gradiendts, and "grittiness".

 I can tell you that we are just going to produce a Semi-diffuser for the
MultiPro - that *allows* dICE to be used.
We had it out for beta tests and the results are - yes - very good.
As a bi effect with "cleaning up" the scan - we also get better contrast and
by that better definition.(sharper scans....)
Softer gradiation rendering and better colour. As it should from the very
beginning!

To much to be true?? ....not for us working with it, the scanner had simply
to hard light, and no diffuser.
We simply place these new diffuser "5LE" on distance to the film plane on
the filmholders.

 Perhaps you can test these diffusers on some other Minolta Scanners.
My friend Erik in the Netherlands will get the material later next week.
You can E-Mail me private for his (Erik's)  E-Mail and you can buy some
testmaterial from Erik, if he has nothing againt it. I have a feeling he
wants
to construct those diffusers.

 So in the end - it was the to less diffused light in that scanner that gave
 us these problems from the beginning.
 Now - I have the scanner I bought, and will not change it for any scanner
in
 it's price class.
 If the result are the same as we get, I'll promise that those owners will
be
 happy!

 Fiat Lux!

 Bo