[filmscanners] scope of the list

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] scope of the list
  • From: "Kari Kuutti" <kari.kuutti@oulu.fi>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:16:29 +0300

I vote for keeping the scope within the title. I have joined the list
because living in both film and digital worlds -- having aquired
during a long time a largish set of Nikon gear (mostly MF) which
still offers more technical and optical imaging capability that  the
budding photographer in me is able to use. Scanning film and
processing images has given a new boost and a whole new dimension to
my hobby; I'm interested how to use my scanner even better. At the
moment this sort of living in-between may in fact be quite a common
phenomenon.

Thus I have no burning reason to switch to digital (but price and
convenience, and with both respects digital is not yet a clear
winner), and while a broader discussion about digital imaging
technology and where it is evolving might be interesting in itself,
there must be other forums more suitable for that.

And thanks for the list, I am greatly enjoying and learning from the
discussions.

--Kari Kuutti
Oulu, Finland
BTW, nothing against digital cameras, there is one in my mobile phone...