[filmscanners] RE: Digital camera topics on this list (was: CanonIDsvs Pentax67II)

> I for one, hope to be using digital imaging to enhance my
> 'wet lab' capabilities  - specifically printing using the
> color carbon process.  I'm in the process of building a new
> darkroom to accomodate this.  Longevity that exceeds any
> other printing technique (500+ years) and the ability to use
> metallic pigments (gold dust if I need it).  But I hardly
> think that this listserve is an appropriate forum for
> discussing this, even though I am likely to continue to use
> scanners to accquire the images from the 4x5 film source.

I don't think that's a correct analogy. Digicams are a timely and
pointed encroachment on film scanning. I can't believe that the nature
and urgency of that encroachment is not of great interest to the
majority of members on this list.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net