From: "Karl Schulmeisters" <karlsch@earthlink.net>
To: <am1000@videotron.ca>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 8:50 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Canon IDs vs Pentax 67II

Because it isn't true.  per-pixel laser printed images on traditional wet
process are better. Life expectancy is better on wet prints etc.

Why do it on the best equip?  Well because the 1Ds is the best digicam
you've got out there, and the luminous landscape guy basically picked a test
that pits the best digicam with its best rendition capabilities against a
film process that isn't optimal.   Fgzmple, he USMs the digicam image, but
not the scanned film -despite the edge transition limits of imaging sensors,
he picks an image that will be least likely to artifact on the digicam etc.
etc.