[filmscanners] Re: Digital for magazine publication?

Whereas stock agencies are increasingly requesting digital files,
individual image buyers don't feel like accepting files here in Spain.

I guess that stock agencies are in control over what they do accept, and
know quite well the abilities of their individual photographers. On the
other hand, final image consumers do never know what's in the file as many
newly converted digital photographers did not made their homework on
digital imaging. I know about some colleagues who have good scanners but
just operate them on factory software defaults, adjusting nearly anything
for each new slide (wouldn't matter much anyway, as they have uncalibrated
systems).

Even if of good quality, as you said digital images require a different
workflow at client's house. And many of them didn't made their homework
neither...

Roger