----- Original Message -----
From: "michael shaffer" <michael@shaffer.net>

> I don't think that film necessarily has a larger gamut than digicams. ...

  I would have thought as much ... but, aside from the characteristics of
some Dcams versus better Dcams, why are untagged JPEGs no better than
sRGB???  That is, if you open them into PS, and then assign any variety of
working spaces, the gamuts which "look best" are associated with Colormatch
and sRGB(???) [... speaking from my own experience with my own 2yo Coolpix,
and having no experience with the current lot of Dcams ...]