[filmscanners] Re: how to scan 'red' 'green' or 'blue' lights?

Hi Paul,

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:18:45 -0800, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:

> If I take you literally, you seem to be saying that the hot
> colors appear on the film, as well as the scan.

Well, in my case, the reds on the minilab prints look normal.  The reds
in the scans are over the top.  Therefore they're awfully strong on the
monitor and the digital prints, too, since they're made from the scan.

Since it's negative film, I couldn't tell you what's on the film
itself.  I've looked at it with a loupe (actually a reversed 50mm f/1.4
lens), but my internal "color inverter" is pretty abysmal. :-)  I've
seen the same thing on every negative film I've scanned, including:

    Kodak Gold Max (100, 400, 800)
    Kodak Portra 400 NC
    Kodak Royal Gold (100, 400, 1000)
    Kodak Supra (100, 400, 800)
    Fuji Superia (100, 400, three- and four-layer)

I mostly shoot sports car racing, so every outing includes lots and
lots of brake lights and cars with red paint.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ