[filmscanners] RE: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners DigestforFri17 Jan, 2003

It could be that the scanner is putting them there. I've thought of
that. But sometimes I can see them scattered all over the side when
observed through a 6X loupe. If I can actually see them in the loupe, I
know I'm in trouble and I have to think hard before even putting the
slide in my scanner: is this shot really going to be worth the agony I
am about to experience? No amount of blowing and brushing the slide gets
rid of these spots. I've tried Kodak processing as well as labs serving
professionals. I have not tried washing them. Frankly, they look like
chemical stains.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net