[filmscanners] Re: Film Choice

I can safely say that Ive scanned masses of colour neg film
of varying ages and types (including Reala) with Vuescan. My
particular favourite is Kodak Royal ... but I keep Reala for
'people' pictures and Vuescan/FS2710 Canon seems to get
the colours out fine.

1st off - are you following the routine of calibrating the
scanner for the negative film base with Vuescan?

     # Set "Device|Option types" to "Advanced"
     # Set "Device|Media type"
     # Insert film with most transparent area (a clear bit)
     # If "Device|Lock exposure" visible
        * Clear "Device|Lock exposure"
     # Press "Preview" button
     # Adjust cropping if necessary
     # If "Device|Lock exposure" visible
        * Set "Device|Lock exposure"
        * Press "Preview" button
     # If "Device|Lock film base color" visible
        * Set "Device|Lock film base color"

This works wonders if youre not doing it already.
Otherwise, its obviously that nasty, inexpensive
scanner :)

bert